Sunday 6 May 2012

SC 039/12...

The challenge this week over at Sunny Challenges & Creations is all about colour & boy is it bright.  Along with the sketch we had to use the colours of Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede & a Neutral, ie Very Vanilla or Whisper White.

I had a hard time both with the colours & the sketch, until I was about to stamp my image & it dawned on me to rotate it.  Problem solved.  It come together really quickly then.

Measurements -
Base Card - Soft Suede Cardstock - 8 1/4" x 4 1/8" or 21cm x10.5cm
Layer 1 - Whisper White Cardstock - 4" x 5 3/4" or 10cm x 14.5cm
Layer 2 - Tempting Turquoise Cardstock - 4 1/2" x 4" or 10cm x 11.5cm
Layer 3 - Melon Mambo Cardstock - 3 1/2" x 4" 10cm x 9cm
Layer 4 - Whisper White Cardstock -  3" x 4" or 10cm x 7.5cm

Inside Card...
Supplies -
Stamp Set - Need for Speed, A Word for You
Ink - Soft Suede, Melon Mambo
Cardstock - Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise
Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots
Punches - Eyelet Edge
Accessories - Bigshot, Tombow Multipurpose Glue, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, SU! Marker - Tempting Turquoise, 2-Way Glue Pen

I punched the borders of both ends of Tempting Turquoise & Melon Mambo using the Eyelet Edge Border Punch & adhered the Melon Mambo to Tempting Turquoise with Snail Adhesive.

I stamped my image onto Whisper White Cardstock using Soft Suede Ink, stamped the car image to the same piece of Whisper White Cardstock and again onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock.  This one I cut out & put aside.

Close Up...
I inked my sentiment using the Happy Birthday part with my SU! Marker - Tempting Turquoise & stamped direct onto the same piece of Whisper White Cardstock which I had stamped the car.  The piece was then adhered to the Melon Mambo piece using Snail Ahesive, before running the whole lot through the Bigshot using Embossing Folder - Perfect Polka Dots, adhering to the large piece of Whisper White Cardstock with Tombow Multipurpose Glue & finally to the Base Card - Soft Suede with Snail Adhesive.

I applied a little of Dazzling Diamonds over the Soft Suede Ink with my 2-Way Glue Pen.  Lastly the cut out car was adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

It is a set probably aimed at boys rather than girls, but who says girls can't like cars.  In fact, I know quiet a few girls who would love this card!

Don't forget to hop on over to Sunny Challenges & Creations to check out what Kris & Gwen have created.  We have a new Guest Designer for the month as well as our weekly Guest Designers.


Until next time, Happy Stampin!

1 comment:

Kris McIntosh said...

Vicky, this is really quite stunning. I love the way you have taken used the colours. Making the Melon Mambo and Tempting Turquoise the main colours and just adding a touch of Soft Suede is simply gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...